India and its cuisine are well known for its spices and its varieties that come from different states and parts of Indian sub-continent. When it comes to non-vegetarian dishes, chicken spicy dishes are some of those dishes that are amazing part of Indian cuisine. The name and taste of Indian food has a peculiar thing about it, it gets attached to the place or state it comes from. Every state has a different set of spices and way to cook these delicacies, and due to different languages the names also get a peculiar twist.
Some of the dishes which are famous all over India and are present even in the menus of big restaurants and hotels are Machha Jhola, chilli chicken, dry Rajasthani chicken, Chicken Coorg, Quasi-Gujarati Chicken, and Burmese Chicken.
Some of the famous dishes are as follows:
- Chicken Kolhapuri:A spicy and bold dish. It gets its name from the city it comes from- Kolhapur a city in Maharashtra. It is a type of very aromatic curry which heavily pronounces its flavours from Maharashtra, a south western state of India, where it is very famous. It is prepared with a mix of lots red chilies, yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, lime juice and salt.
- Chicken Vindaloo: This famous chicken dish of Goa gets its name from the traditional cooking style of Goa, known as “Vindaloo”. Chicken vindaloo is a hot and spicy delicacy from Goa – the “Land of beaches”. This famous dish is prepared with tickling flavour of mustard with coconut vinegar, ginger, garlic, turmeric and brown sugar. This popular curry has a Portuguese influence in the preparation of its base which is a mix of Vinegar and chilli.
- Chicken Trivandrum: This awesomechicken dish with one of the easiest and simplest recipe comes from Kerala – the “Land of Attraction”. The state of Kerala is famous for its way of preparing all the dishes of its cuisine with coconut. Kerala is also one of largest producer of spices in India and thus all its dishes are loaded with spices. Trivandrum chicken is a spicy curry prepared with ginger and garlic paste mixed with red chilli.
- Chicken Hyderabadi:Delicious and luscious recipe of this Hyderabad curry is not only just easy to make but is the most delicious and famous. This dish belongs to the cuisine of Andhra Pradesh which is also famous for its signature dish, the Hyderabadi chicken dum biryani.
- Chicken Kashmiri:A very delicious and popular recipe from the state of Kashmir – “the heaven on land”, is a pure blend of taste and aromatic spices. Though spices are an essential part of all Indian dishes, yet delicacies from Kashmir have sweet taste blended with spicy flavours, which makes the dish much more delicious and mouth-watering from its aroma. Chicken Kashmiri is really easy to cook and can be prepared easily at home.
These dishes are famous all over India and there are many more such dishes which are easy to make at home. Chicken being the most easily available and acceptable by all meat has numerous recipes and dishes being prepared by them and there are many dishes that are brought in India by foreign cuisines and are prepared with Indian spicy twist such as chilli chicken, chicken momo, etc.