Are you thinking about visiting Bhopal any time soon? Do you have your plan all chalked out for the trip? Well, there are a lot of things to see and experience when it comes to Bhopal. So if you want to make the best of your trip you will need to plan out your trip properly so that you can see all that there is to see in this city.
First things first, however. Check out the Bhopal hotels rates first and get your booking in one of them done so that you can visit and tour the city with ease. Here is your personal tour guide through Bhopal so that you can make sure you can cover all the interesting places that this city has in store:
- Sanchi Stupa: Sanchi is small trading town that is located near Bhopal, about 2hours drive away from the main area of the city. This town has a rich heritage of its own, but the most prominent tourist attraction is the Sanchi Stupa. This is believed to have been built during the reign of Ashoka and the mortal remains of the Buddha had been buried under this structure. This is a holy place for Buddhists. Keep at least half of a day in hand for visiting Sanchi from Bhopal. You can leave for Sanchi early in the morning and then come back by 3 or 4 in the afternoon.
- Bhimbetka Caves: This is another very interesting place to visit when in Bhopal. Located in the Raisen district this is about 45kms away from the city. You can set out in the morning like Sanchi and then come back in the afternoon. These rock shelters date back to the prehistoric age and they contain paintings of the daily life of early man. Made from charcoal and dust, these paintings have survived the brunt of time and is today one of the most famous tourist destinations of the world. You can book a cab from your accommodation in Bhopal and visit Bhimbetka Caves.
- The Van Vihar National Park: Keep another day in hand in order to visit the Van Vihar National Park. This is located right in the heart of the city and hence travelling there won’t be a problem at all. It will take you about two hours or so to take a tour of this place which has over 400 species of animals and plants. This is also a bird watcher’s paradise.
- Upper Lake: This artificial lake built by Raja Bhoj during his reign is one of the most prized possessions of Bhopal. This is a very beautiful and calm place to visit if you want a natural respite during your tour of the city. You can enjoy fun water activities at the lake as well.
- Taj-ul-Masjid: This mosque is one of the largest in the country and definitely calls for a visit. Its large compound and peaceful ambience creates the perfect meditative atmosphere.
Try to visit all that there is within the Bhopal city within a day or two and keep two days in hand for Sanchi and Bhimbetka. Plan out your trip properly and you will have the best time in Bhopal.