Today, the world has become a global village and everything is virtually connected. The term global village is simply the perfect expression to denoting the same. With ever growing craze and popularity of online businesses the world over, a large number of companies are creating the need for services of professional cargo companies. Cargo or freight simply refers to a package of diverse sizes that needs to be shipped from one place to another.
Generally freights are considered to be big-sized consignments that need to be sent across countries and even continents with cost-effective shipping solutions with accurate container tracking services. Depending upon the weight and nature of the consignment, the material to be sent is packaged strategically in individual containers.
In the past 10 years, the penetration of information technology in logistics industry has witnessed a sea change in each and every operation. Gone are the days when each and every activity or process used to be carried out manually, but now all the processes have gone digital including tracking which is always at your fingertips round the clock.
In the past, shipping anything simply meant a long wait till the delivery of consignment reaches its final destination. Now with ultra modern technology in place, cargo freight as well as freight delivery is made in a within few days only with readily availability of tracking, be it Ameya logistics container tracking or any other freight origination point. Many thanks to RFID technology that has made it all possible!
Advantages of Radio-frequency identification (RFID)
- Just opposite to barcodes, RFID technology tags are capable of storing bigger amounts of information. However, they permit commands and instructions of the reader as well.
- RFID tags are utilized for tracking consignments and the recent history of the container’s overall performance.
- RFID technology is considered to be unique, superior and versatile, and as a result, small-sized and larger RFID devices have entered the play exactly as per the nature of applications.
- These tags can be both read-only as well as read/write unlike barcodes.
- An RFID system can scan various items simultaneously. The system lets the user/operators to very comprehensively check each and every item immediately without any need to run individual barcode scans on each item.
- Non-RFID solutions generally used to have a limited capacity identifier for all objects, but RFID tags do it with far more capacity for storing and analyzing each and every piece of crucial information.
To meet the ever-growing demands of the contemporary freight industry, there are companies in India that are offering state of the art container tracking solutions to both national and international clients. You can explore the services of such companies on their websites.