SAT or Scholastic Aptitude Test is a standardized test used for College Admissions in the United States of America. The test assesses the readiness of the students for college. It reflects on what the students have learned up to their high school. If you are aiming to study in the world’s best colleges, you need to have a very good score in SAT along with your high school grades.
There are four sections in SAT – Reading, Writing and Language, Math (without a calculator), Math (with a calculator). The SAT exam is usually of 3 hours, however, if a student opts for an optional essay then the total time required to complete SAT is 3 hours and 50 minutes. The total score ranges from 200-800, giving a possibility to score maximum 1600. The result consists of two sections: Evidence-based reading and writing and Math.
It is important to prepare for the exam from any of the coaching centres specified for training in SAT. To avail the best SAT coaching, you can look for institutes which are located near to your place. Among the available list of institutes, choose the one which suits your criterion.
Key Insights for SAT:
- It is ideal to start preparing from Class 11 and appear for SAT in class 12 before 8-9 months of the board exam.
- The SAT is conducted in January, May, June, October, November and December in India and the scores are valid for five years.
- Look for good training institutes for preparation.
- Do not waste a lot of time on one question. It’s time specified, so move onto others.
Why are SAT coaching institutes important?
- These coaching institutes provide you with all the study materials required to appear for the exam.
- They break your syllabus into parts and set short-term goals for you which are easier to achieve.
- You will be provided with two faculty members. One of them will mentor your maths course and the other one will help you with the English coursework.
- You will be attending classes with all other aspirants and you can assess yourself better by indulging in healthy discussions.
- The coaching institutes also conduct mock assessments from time to time. These mock assessments will help you to get familiar with the questions which you have to answer in the final test.
- The mock tests of these institutes help you to master the trick of time management. You will learn to gain confidence and prepare better by answering all the questions within a limited time period.
- These tests will also make you familiar with the online tools you need to handle during the main exam. For example, how to use the screen’s calculator.
- The institutions also provide courses which are of a different time period. Some may be for 45 days whereas, some are 60 days course. You can choose your preferred course based on the time you will be able to invest to prepare for SAT.
With all these necessary guidelines from the coaching centres, you are bound to score well in SAT and avail scholarships.